Chapter 4. Download Software
The official JBoss Messaging project page is
The download location is the JBoss Labs Messaging Project download zone:
4.1. The JBoss Messaging Release Bundle
The JBoss Messaging release bundle (jboss-messaging-1.3.x.zip)
will expand in a jboss-messaging-1.3.x directory that contains:
- the service archive that contains JBoss Messaging
Do not simply attempt to copy the archive under a JBoss instance deploy
since additional steps (such as un-installing JBossMQ and various other configurations
tasks) are required for a successful installation. See Chapter 5, JBoss Messaging Installation
- the client-side library that need to be in the classpath of the client that opens
a remote connection to the Messaging server.
- a collection of ant configuration files used to automate
installation. See Chapter 5, JBoss Messaging Installation for more details.
- a collection of examples that should run out of the box and help you validate the
installation. Detailed instructions are provided with each example, which range from
very simple JMS queue and topic examples to EJB 2.1, EJB3 and clustering examples.
The examples/config sub-directory contains various configuration
- this user's guide.
- the output of the functional testsuite, stress and smoke test runs for this release.
All these files have been generated during the release procedure and are bundled here
- the Messaging API javadoc.
- The release intro document that contains pointers to various other resources,
including this Guide.
If you want to experiment with the latest developments you may checkout the latest code
from the Messaging SVN trunk. Be aware that the information provided in this manual might
then not be accurate.
For the latest instructions on how to check out and build source code, please go to
Messaging Development wiki page, specifically
"Building and Running JBoss Messaging" section.