I am happy to announce the release of JBossOSGi-1.1.0.
You can download the binary here: jboss-osgi-installer-1.1.0.jar
This is a OSGi Core 4.2. Framework compliant release with a strong focus on AS7 integration.
It also comes with improvements in the following areas
- Concurrency optimizations throughout the framework
- Improved access to system and boot delegation packages
- Direct integration of many Felix, Aries and Ops4J bundles
- Added support for JSP pages in OSGi Web Applications
- Initial implementation of an OSGi Repository
- Capture OSGi frequently asked questions in the wiki
- Comprehensive coverage of AS7 / OSGi integration in user guide
- Add support for AS7 as remote testing target
- Replace the Standalone Runtime with AS7
Here are the change log details.
Additional to that we fixed 80+ OSGi related issues in the jboss-as-7.1.0 code base. Most notably there are
- Expose OSGi management through domain API
- Provide injectable BundleContext in JNDI
- Transactional integration endpoint (STOMP)
- Provide Repository API as general MSC service
- Remove Felix, Aries and Ops4J bundles from the AS7 distro
- Separate Configuration Admin subsystem
Please also have a look at the latest version of our User Guide.