If you are upgrading from a previous version of RHQ, please follow the Upgrade Guide.
Please review all of the information at Windows Installation prior to installing on Windows.
The following pages will guide you through the download, installation and initial setup of the RHQ management platform.
- Go through the Prerequisites in order to ensure that you:
- Navigate to the download page located at Download RHQ and follow the instructions.
There is only a single download binary that you need to get. The RHQ Server, RHQ Storage Node, and RHQ Agent are in the one download binary file.
- Unzip the distribution file into a directory of your choice. It is best to unzip in a folder which is for RHQ's use only. For example, /opt/rhq. So, when you unzip the distribution, you'll get an installed directory such as /opt/rhq/rhq-server-4.10.0. This way, the server, storage and agent components can be installed under a single root directory /opt/rhq.
- Install and configure a server.
- Note, an RHQ Server installation by default will include an RHQ Storage Node and an RHQ Agent.
- Optionally install and configure a standalone storage node if you wish to have storage node cluster members separate from your RHQ Servers.
- Install and configure a standalone agent on all machines where you have resources you want to manage.
- Get started by importing the resources initially auto-discovered.
- Best practices
- If you plan on having a large amount of RHQ Agents or you wish to make RHQ more fault tolerant, read about RHQ's High Availability functionality.
- If you need to lock down the communications between your servers and agents, read Securing Communications.
- Read the RHQ Best Practices for more hints and tips.