The RHQ Server can run on either a Windows or UNIX platform. The basic install steps you need to perform is to unzip the distribution, customize the server's configuration file, and then run the rhqctl control script to complete the install.
- If you already have an RHQ Server installed and you need to upgrade it, go to Upgrading the Server.
- It is recommended you read through the High Availability documentation. This will help you decide if you need high availability features and if so, how many RHQ Servers you should install and how you should configure them.
- Before you install your RHQ Server, read RHQ Server Installation Preparation to prepare your environment.
- After you are familiar with the high availability features and you've prepared your environment for the RHQ Server, go through the Installing the Server documentation to get your RHQ Server installed.
- After the server has been installed and configured, you can run it as a Windows service, from a console, or run it as a daemon or init.d script in a UNIX environment. Go to Running the RHQ Server for more information.