- VM or Process – a JBossAS instance running Teiid.
- Host – a machine that is “hosting” one or more VMs.
- Service – a subsystem running in a VM (often in many VMs) and providing a related set of functionality
In addition to these main components, the service platform provides a core set of services available to applications built on top of the service platform. These services are:
- Session – the Session service manages active session information.
- Buffer Manager – the Buffer Manager service provides access to data management for intermediate results.
- Transaction – the Transaction service manages global, local, and request scoped transactions. See also the documentation on Transaction Support.