Welcome to the JBoss AS Documentation. The documentation for JBoss AS is split into two categories:
- Administrator Guides for those wanting to understand how to install and configure the server
- Developer Guides for those wanting to understand how to develop applications for the server
- The Getting Started Guide (in progress) shows you how to install and start the server, how to configure logging, how to deploy an application, how to deploy a datasource, and how to get started using the command line interface and web management interface
- The Admin Guide provides detailed information on using the CLI and Web Management interface, how to use the domain configuration, and shows you how to configure key subsystems
- The High Availability Guide (coming soon) shows you how to create a cluster, how configure the web container and EJB container for clustering, and shows you how to configure load balancing and failover
- The Getting Started Developing Applications Guide shows you how to build Java EE applications and deploy them to JBoss AS. The guide starts by showing you the simplest helloworld application using just Servlet and CDI, and then adds in JSF, persistence and transactions, EJB, Bean Validation, RESTful web services and more. You'll also discover how to deploy an OSGi bundle to JBoss AS. Finally, you'll get the opportunity to create your own skeleton project. Each tutorial is accompanied by a quickstart, which contains the source code, deployment descriptors and a Maven based build.
- The Developer Reference Guide (coming soon) takes you through every deployment descriptor and every annotation offered by JBoss AS.
- The Java EE Tutorial (coming soon) builds on what you learnt in the Getting Started Developing Applications Guide, and shows you how to build a complex application using Java EE and portable extensions.